- 800 g chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ red capsicum/ bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1 Spanish chorizo sausage sliced
- 8 mushrooms quartered
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 400 g tinned diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup kalamata olives pitted
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 180C. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large heavy based frying pan over med-high heat. Add chicken skin side down and cook until skin is browned crispy. (You May need to do this in batches depending on size of pan). Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and sauté onion, garlic, capsicum, sausage and mushrooms until softened. Add the red wine and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients including the cooked chicken and bring to the boil.
- Place pan into oven to cook or empty all ingredients into an oven proof dish and then into the oven. Cook for 15-20 mins.
- Season to taste. Serve with steamed vegetables, salad or cauliflower rice.
Calories: 591kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 197mg | Sodium: 481mg | Potassium: 870mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Net Carbs: 9g