Are you looking for a pizza that’s allergy-friendly?
A good friend of mine has a son that suffers from many allergies and she’s always looking for new and interesting recipes that she can cook for him so he doesn’t feel like he is missing out.
This Meatza ticks all of the boxes it’s; Nut Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and is also Low FODMAP friendly. I’m so glad I’ve been able to help her and her son with another allergy-friendly meal option.
Using chicken mince is a simple and easy option for this base, simply mix it with your favourite seasonings and spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper. I’ve found I prefer to use chicken mince instead of beef mince as the chicken has a milder flavour and doesn’t overpower the pizza. Meatzas are a fabulous source of protein and will keep you feeling fuller for much longer than standard low carb pizzas.
- 250 g chicken mince
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 4 slices salami halved
- 1/4 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1/4 onion thinly sliced (do not use if Low FODMAP)
- Fresh Thyme and Basil
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all base ingredients in medium mixing bowl.
- Place base mixture on prepared tray and spread in an even layer, approx 5 mm thick.
- Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and top with favourite pizza toppings.
- Return to oven and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until toppings have cooked.
Make sure to join us on social media so you never miss a thing!