I’m always looking for the perfect keto-friendly dinner that is flavourful and packed with healthy fats.
This Asian inspired salmon is the perfect midweek meal that will most definitely satiate you.
If your family is anything like mine, you will know that dinner time can sometimes be challenging. On most days we work hard and then pick up the kids from school only to hear the dreaded question… ‘so what’s for dinner?’. Tired from a long day we resort to something we know everyone will enjoy, lacking the creativity to try something new.
I whipped up this tasty Asian inspired grilled salmon fillet the other day and let me tell you it was a WINNER!
Super simple to make and extremely delicious this will soon become your families favourite healthy dinner.
So why is consuming salmon such a great idea to benefit your health?
Salmon is an excellent source of healthy fats! Packed with vitamins A, D, E and K this superfood will benefit bone joints, feed the brain and repair muscles. Not only is it unbelievably tasty; but it is also one of the best proteins to consume when following a keto / low carb diet.
- 4 salmon fillets large
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp ginger minced
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 tbsp coconut aminos
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Red chilli thinly sliced
- Lime halved
- Combine all marinade ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Place the salmon fillets in a flat, even layer in a container.
- Pour half of the marinade over the salmon fillets, coating all sides. Reserve remaining marinade to top fillets after cooking. Allow the fillets to marinate for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables to serve with salmon.
- Heat a grill pan to high and cook salmon skin side down until crispy, this should take 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the fish and continue to cook until just cooked through, this should be anywhere from 4-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- When cooked, remove from heat and serve with prepared vegetables, a drizzle of the reserved marinade (make sure to use the reserved marinade and not the one used to marinate the salmon fillets), a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds, fresh chilli and a squeeze of lime juice.
Make sure to join us on social media so you never miss a thing!