Who else loves the smell of freshly baked sweet treats?!
Baking has long been a family tradition, this blueberry slice recipe has been in our family for many years and I am so proud to be able to share it with you (in a low carb version of course!)
How to make Blueberry Slice.
To make this slice you’ll need to prepare the base ingredients first, spread it evenly over the base of an 8″ square cake tin and bake until there’s just a hint of golden brown starting to appear on top. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
While the base is cooling prepare the filling by adding everything into a small saucepan and bring it to the boil. make sure to continue to stir it to mash up the berries and stop the sauce fro burning on the bottom. The sauce will start to thicken and that’s when it’s ready to be removed from the heat. Adjust the sweetness to taste, I’m not a huge sweets fan so I prefer mine to be a little less sweet but you do you and adjust it to suit your taste!
Let that delicious sauce cool, mix all of the topping ingredients together in a small bowl.
Now it’s time to assemble the slice by pouring and spreading the sauce evenly over the prepared base. Next, sprinkle the topping over the sauce. Pop your slice into the oven and let it cook for 15-20 minutes or until it’s looking gorgeous and golden. Once cooked, remove from oven and allow your slice to cool in the tin. This slice is best when it has chilled completely.
How can you serve this slice?
You can serve this slice as a dessert with some whipped cream, custard or simply on its own.
- 1 cups frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ tablespoon erythritol
- ½ lemon juiced
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 356 F. Line a 20cm x 20cm (8" x 8") square cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix base ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, mix until well combined.
- Spread evenly over base of prepared cake tin. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until just lightly golden on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin.
- Place all sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Using a wooden spoon, stir and mash the berries, until sauce starts to thicken. Adjust sweetness to taste, remove from heat.
- Mix all topping ingredients together. Pour sauce evenly over base and sprinkle with topping. Return to the oven and cook for a further 8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in tin. Chill in fridge for 2 hours before cutting into 16 squares.