Looking for a low carb/keto pizza base that’s a delicious alternative to the traditional fathead dough?
This cheesy meatza is super tasty and so quick to prepare. It’s just a quick mix up of a few ingredients, spread it out on a tray, bake in the oven and top with your favourite pizza toppings.
What’s your favourite pizza toppings? I love to add bacon, mushrooms and loads of cheese because…well…cheese is life haha!
This pizza base is the perfect alternative to the traditional Keto/ Low carb fathead dough. Surprisingly, it doesn’t have that strong ‘meat taste’ that comes to mind when you think of a meatza! I feel it actually compliments your toppings much better when compared to the standard base. It is also lower in carbs and high in protein, therefore, making it highly satiating.
I know for many it can be hard to leave behind your favourite treat meals when transitioning to a low carb lifestyle; however, for me personally the benefits of a healthier way of living far out way those negatives! I mean, have a look at the amazing meals you CAN eat that will not only fuel your body with nutrients but help you curb those cravings.
Not only is this one of my favourite recipes it is defiantly my families! I am so happy that I can cook up a hearty pizza for them knowing that they will be left feeling full and energised.
Give it a go for yourself and I promise you will not regret it!
- 500 g chicken mince
- 30 g parmesan cheese grated
- 110 g cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 kalamata olives
- 4 cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- Fresh Basil and Thyme
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine all base ingredients in medium mixing bowl.
- Divide mixture into 2 even portions. Spread base mixture on prepared trays in even layers.
- Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and top with favourite pizza toppings.
- Return to oven and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until toppings have cooked.
Make sure to join us on social media so you never miss a thing!