How good are one-pan meals!?
One pan meals are the absolute best! Place all the ingredients on one tray, place it into the oven and let it do it’s thing, I mean who wants to wash up loads of dishes anyway??
I love the flavour combinations in this chicken fajita tray bake, the ease of preparation and how happy my family is when I cook it up for dinner.
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 4 tbsp Fajita Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onions cut into wedges
- ½ large red capsicum thickly sliced
- ½ large green capsicum thickly sliced
- 1 lime
- 2 avocados
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup fresh coriander stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño chilli thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray/ sheet pan with a sheet of baking paper, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the chicken tenderloins, 3 tablespoons of the fajita seasoning, 2 tablespoons oil and ½ lime squeezed. Toss until well combined.
- Arrange sliced vegetables in an even layer on the baking tray. Coat with 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 1 tablespoon of fajita season, toss to coat.
- Place the seasoned tenderloins evenly over the vegetables.
- Place tray into oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare guacamole by cutting the avocados in half, scoop out the flesh and place it into a mixing bowl along with ½ of the chopped coriander and ½ lime squeezed.
- Using a fork mash the avocado mixture until desired texture is achieved. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- When chicken is cooked remove from oven, top with chopped coriander and sliced jalapeño chilli. Serve with a side of sour cream and guacamole.