Juicy Spiced Flank Steak with Chimichurri recipe collaboration.
A few weeks back I was invited to collaborate with my good friend Naomi, from Naomi Sherman food creative, in a recipe creation challenge. We put our heads together and came up with several ideas, we settled on this gorgeous juicy spiced flank steak with a chimichurri sauce. We each chose an element of the dish and got our creative juices flowing!
Naomi is the queen of spiced rubs and let me tell you this spiced flank steak is absolutely divine. A quick, easy meal that is sure to please even the fussiest of family members.
I took on the challenge to create a chimichurri sauce to accompany her divine flank steak!
Have you ever made a chimichurri sauce? Similar to pesto, chimichurri can be used in a variety of ways. Serve it over grilled meat, use it as a marinade or even use it with your next fish dish, the choice is yours.
Originating from Argentina, this sauce is made with all fresh ingredients; parsley, coriander/cilantro, oregano, garlic, chilli and lemons. It’s a super simple sauce that can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes and will leave your taste buds wanting more.
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 green chilli deseeded and finely diced
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely diced
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley firmly packed, stalks removed
- ¼ cup fresh coriander/cilantro firmly packed, stalks removed
- ¼ cup fresh oregano firmly packed, stalks removed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- Wash fresh herbs, spin in a salad spinner or pat dry using paper towel.
- In a small mixing bowl add the garlic, salt, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, chillies and olive oil. Stir to combine and set aside
- Finely chop all fresh herbs, add to the mixing bowl. Mix well and allow to sit for at least 30 miutess to allow the flavours to impart.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with with juicy spiced flank steak.