The delicate flavours of this salad, the crispiness of the kale chips and the saltiness of the Haloumi cheese work perfectly to create this divine vegetarian salad.
This salad may take a little time to prepare all of the vegetables however it is definitely worth it. The flavours all work so well together and will leave your tastebuds delighted.
This nut-free, meat-free low carb vegetarian salad is sure to become a regular menu item on your home menu as it has ours.
- ½ bunch kale
- ¼ cup olive oil garlic infused
- 1 tbsp Morrocan Spices
- 1 eggplant/ aubergine sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 zucchini/ courgette sliced thinly lengthwise
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 button mushrooms halved
- 6 asparagus spears
- 100g Haloumi cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup baby rocket leaves/ arugula
- fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to low 120°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Tear the leaves of the kale into small pieces, removing the stalk, into a mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of oil, Morrocan seasoning and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix thoroughly, massage the oil and seasoning into the kale leaves.
- Spread the leaves in an even layer over the prepared oven trays and place into the oven for 10-15 mins. Make sure to keep an eye on them as they burn quite quickly. Remove and allow to cool completely. Alternatively, you could cook kale chips in an air fryer if it is available to you.
- Meanwhile, heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy-based frying pan or grill pan. Cook a layer of sliced eggplant on one side for 2-3 minutes, turn over and continue to cook on the other side for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove and repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Once all vegetables have been cooked dice the cheese into even cubes and cook on the grill for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Arrange all ingredients on a large serving dish, drizzle with remaining oil, season with salt and pepper.
Make sure to join us on social media so you never miss a thing!