This version of the traditional Nasi Goreng utilises a combination of riced cauliflower and broccoli, making this the perfect low carb vegetarian meal.
Using a combination of vegetables, delicious fresh herbs and flavoursome sauces this dish is not only easy to prepare and quick to cook but all ingredients are easily sourced from your local supermarket.
- 250 g cauliflower chopped
- 250 g broccoli chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 cm piece ginger finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 red chili sliced fine, reserve ½ to serve
- 4 green onions thinly sliced, reserve 2 tbsp to serve
- ¼ red capsicum diced
- 40 g cabbage shredded
- 50 g baby spinach leaves shredded
- 3 tablespoon coconut aminos
- ¼ tsp fish sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 70 g bean sprouts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Lime wedges to serve
- Place cauliflower and broccoli in to a food processor. Pulse until resembles rice, remove and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large wok.
- Add onion, sliced chilli, garlic and ginger to wok, stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the cabbage, capsicum and shredded spinach to the fragrant herbs and continue to sauté until soft.
- Add riced vegetables. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until tender. Add coconut aminos, sesame oil and fish sauce, ½ chopped coriander along with the bean sprouts. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until combined, season to taste. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Crack eggs into pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until whites are just set.
- Divide among serving bowls. Top each plate with egg, extra coriander, sliced green onion and chilli. Serve with lime wedges.
Make sure to join us on social media so you never miss a thing!